Tuesday, May 19, 2015

We Were Rebuffed.

Well hello!
This email is going to be kind of short, I hope you understand. Today we are driving up to Falling Water! I am really excited. I'm also wearing my Kaufmann tie, so it'll get me in for free. (I wish). Jack Haley’s mom told me if I have the chance to get to Falling Water, make sure I do it, so I am pleasantly surprised it wall worked out! I will have to send a big picture stash next week. 
The other thing is that M got baptized: that was great! Really spiritual experience, plus a big attendance from the ward. I confirmed him a member of the church yesterday. On Friday, we had dinner with the senior missionary couple in our ward, the Butlers, and one of the ward missionaries Sister H, and M.  And M brought dessert: Cupcakes from Prantls. So I had the "best cake in the world" according to the Huffington Post, and though it was delicious I don't think it quite qualifies for that title, but then what do I know?
This week will be a busy one; we will have a zone training and a mission conference where we'll be receiving iPads. So my next email will come from my own iPad!
The Spanish group is doing fine, I taught the priesthood lesson yesterday. We are trying to find new investigators, which has been hard. Yesterday we drove the dickens out of the way to visit a Spanish guy who asked us to come by, we were met at the door by another Spanish guy who had never heard of this other person, thank you very much, and we were rebuffed. It was in a totally English neighborhood as well, so I'm kind of skeptical. But that is the mission life.
Love 
Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment