Thursday, April 16, 2015

Truly, all the forces of hell have been conspiring against her.

Well, this has been a good week. I think I forgot to tell you, but we went to the temple again this Saturday! It provided me with a lot of clarity and as always it was a wonderful experience. It is such a blessing to be able to attend the temple. The mission rules are every six months for personal worship, if you live within two hours drive. Or, you can go with recent converts or returning members for their first time if they are taking family names. So with any luck, I will get to go again before my mission ends, because R is being baptized this Saturday! I am so proud of her. Truly, all the forces of hell have been conspiring against her. She has faced bitter rejection from her own family, she has had to sacrifice her job (she does work at the Episcopal church) and she has had her own struggles on top of that. But her experience has taught me a lot, and I have so much love and respect for this lady. This gospel really is "the pearl of great price," which Christ describes as being worth selling all in order to obtain. She has sacrificed so much because she knows this is true. It's a good question to ask- what am I willing to sacrifice in order to come closer to Christ? It's interesting- as you know, she has previously had a date, which she didn't reach. In these past two months, she has grown so much in faith and strength, she is so much more prepared- not that she wasn't before, but she has a much deeper and richer experience now than she did. Just more proof that God's timing is the best!
Well, this is about all I got for today.
Love
Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment